Meets annually to select the Chamber’s Citizen of the Year, Business of the Year Award, and the Nonprofit Award based on nominations from the community.
Works cooperatively with local schools, businesses and community organizations to build meaningful connections among students, educators and business people.
The Education Committee has two subcommittees:
- Pride Award: meets annually to select a recipient for funding to enable an educational experience that furthers the Chamber’s mission of community betterment.
- Student Citizenship Award: meets annually to select a scholarship recipient from the graduating class at Conant High School based on nominations from teachers and staff.
Assists the Board of Directors in monitoring any and all maintenance needs for the building and grounds under the organization’s ownership. Meets as needed.
Recommends financial policy for action by the Board of Directors, prepares an annual budget and presents specific budget recommendations to the Board, recommends financial guidelines to the Board, and helps develop appropriate financial policies when needed. Meets quarterly and as needed.
Provides assistance to Chamber fundraising committees in publicizing their events using such tools as press releases, on-line marketing, television and radio advertising, and social media. Meets as needed.
Identifies the needs of members and recommends the development of services to meet those needs. Recommends means for increasing and sustaining membership in all categories. Chamber Ambassadors, an all-volunteer group who serve as the Chamber’s liaison to new members, serve on the Membership Committee. Meets monthly.
Past President’s Advisory:
Provides mentorship and advice as requested by the Chamber president. Recommends a slate of officers and directors to the Board of Directors. This committee consists of all past presidents of the Jaffrey Chamber.
Develops drafts of documents that describe specific organizational operations when requested by the Board of Directors. Meets as needed.
Program (After Hours, Breakfasts):
Schedules guest speakers and hosts for Chamber Breakfasts as well as hosts for After Hours.
Oversees the operation of the Swap Shop at the town Recycling Center and ensures that volunteers are available to staff the shop during open hours. The Swap Shop allows Jaffrey residents a place to bring unwanted items for the taking by those who can make use of them. Meets quarterly.
Provides an ongoing evaluation of the Chamber’s website. Determines strengths and enhancements necessary to ensure the website provides relevant, accurate information to members and the general public in an easy-to-navigate, visually appealing format that assures optimal functionality. Meets as needed.
Event Planning Committees:
- Annual Meeting Dinner Committee (March): Develops the program for the Chamber’s Annual Meeting. Meets annually.
- Ron Despres Memorial Golf Classic (June): Plans all aspects of the Chamber’s annual golf tournament. Meets regularly three months prior to the tournament.
- Motorcycle Poker Run (July): Plans all aspects of the Chamber’s annual motorcycle ride through the byways of New Hampshire. Meets regularly three months prior to the ride.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above committees or would like more information, please call the Chamber at 603-532-4549.